How long does it typically take for dietary changes to make a difference in my gastroparesis symptoms?

Dr. Crystal Twynham
General surgery, Breast Surgery, Cancer Surgery, Bariatric (weight loss) surgery, Endocrine surgery, Minimally invasive surgery 34 years experience
Immediately: If you are eating small, low-fiber meals, you should notice less pain with eating at that time, because stretching of the stomach causes the pain of gastroparesis. So you should notice pain (or lack of it) while you are at the end of your meal.
Dr. Monica Michel
Depends: Gastroparesis will always vary from person to person with the same diagnosis. Typically though, if you appropriately change your diet, you WILL eventually see a change, it just depends on your body's ability to adjust. I'm sorry there isn't a more clear answer I can give you but best of luck and know that changing your diet is the right thing to do!
Last updated Jun 11, 2016