How do you pronounce clobetasol proprionate?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman
56 years experience in Psychiatry
H'mmm: After consulting the oed, the preferred is CLO (o as in ''o'') bet (as in wanna bet) a (as in give me just a pound of....) sol (as in solar) pro (as on pro vs. Con) pri (as premature) o (as in o my) nate (rhymes with ate) hoped it helped.
Answered on Sep 23, 2016
1
4
Dr. Donald Jacobson
39 years experience in Psychiatry
Interesting. I have never once heard anyone in the Mid West pronounce it that way. We say: clo-beta (as in the greek letter), sol (as in someone named Solomon.) I wonder how it is in Nashville where I trained? I had to learn a whole new medical pronunciation when I moved back up north :_)
Sep 28, 2013