U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

A mild blood clotting disorder that is hereditary? are there genetic tests both parents can take?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 25 years experience
What disorder?: If one has a clotting disorder, and he/she would like to know if it is hereditary or not- he/she would need to complete some work-up. See a hematologist and discuss whether it is necessary that she/he ( not the parents) get the full comprehensive clotting work-up. ( the tests are for the patient and not for the parents. ).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 18, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.