U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old female asked:

My child have genetic clotting disorders as i mother of family member be tested with genetic blood clotting?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Depends: Is the affected child male? Do you have any symptoms? What will you do with the results? Since there is a large number of clotting disorders it is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without knowing more details. If you are not planning on having more children, you probably do not need to be tested for your health. It would be prudent to talk to your doctor.

Related questions

A 43-year-old female asked:
How do doctors test for genetic blood clotting?
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 25-year-old female asked:
Is gum disease genetic? Can our children have it if a blood family member has it?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 20, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.