U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

What is this thing in my lower lid of the eye? it looks sort of like a pimple?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Eric Rothchild
Specializes in Ophthalmology
Don't be alarmed!: If you are looking at the inner portion of the lower lid, that is near your nose, you have located the lower puntum. This is a structure that is responsible for the drainage of your tears. Thear is also one on the upper lid as well. These can occasionally get inflamed inflamed and can get infected which would require treatment.
Last updated Feb 6, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.