my daughter gets red pimple like spots on her lower eye lid when ever she cries and shevsays they hurt what could this be?

Dr. William Dieck
37 years experience Ophthalmology
Inflammation: Emotional tears contain a large amount of sodium, unlike the normal tear which is low in sodium. The high salt content is irritating and can account for the red spots on her lid. Use a washcloth soaked in cool water to counter the problem.
Answered on Nov 7, 2016
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Louis Cooper
47 years experience Pediatrics
In addition to Dr. Dieck' s informative message, I am curious why she is doing all of this crying? Please make sure she is speaking to someone and that she is okay. I do not even know how old she is.
Sep 7, 2014
Dr. Johanna Fricke
49 years experience Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Dr. D., is it ok for the parents to place the moistened cloth on a clean surface in the time-out area without talking, appearing upset or making eye contact so they don't accidentally reinforce the crying by engaging with the child? If she throws the wet cloth, can they ignore it till the timer rings, then walk her out of time out, direct her to pick up the cloth & walk her back to time-out?
Sep 7, 2014