what is a good topical anesthetic for itching of mosquito bites?

Dr. Stephen Daquino
Sports Medicine 21 years experience
Mosquito bites: Hydrocortisone cream or Benadryl (diphenhydramine) cream generally work well. There is also sarna cream which is camphor and works well for itch too. I like to use it cold, so i store it in the fridge. Works really well to stop itch before bed and get a good nights sleep. You can also take oral antihistamines like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) but they can make you sleepy. Non sedating, like Claritin don't work as well for itch imo.