Left hip hurts, its sore on side of my hip into my s.I. Joint. It hurts to turn my leg feels like a strain and pain just above knee on the outside?

Dr. Lawrence Judy
43 years experience in Internal Medicine
Bursa/joint/nerve?: The location suggests bursitis, irritation over the bony bump on the upper femur. Age and activities might favor other diagnoses such as: hip arthritis, sacroiliac arthritis, nerve pinched in back. Local application of heat along with cautious use of an anti-inflammatory medication like Aleve (naproxen) or advil may help. Increased pain, trouble walking warrant a doctor visit.
Answered on Feb 19, 2015
3