U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

Is there a blood test to confirm raynauds disease?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Specializes in Rheumatology
No: Though many people with raynaud's have a positive ANA (antinuclear antibody), there is no blood test to confirm the diagnosis. However, your doctor should test for associated diseases such as scleroderma. Raynaud's can exist by itself or be associated with other conditions.
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Rheumatology 48 years experience
No, only for causes: No, only for possible causes.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 27, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.