How long will it take my eye to heal after cataract surgery so i can do the other one?

Dr. Victor Bello
Ophthalmology 54 years experience
Healing after cat Sg: Typically 2 to 3 weeks surgery in the other eye can be done as early as 3 days after the first one. There has been recent efforts to consider, bilateral cataract surgery in one setting. What precluded this in the past is the remote possibility of an infection in one eye, that could conceivably affect both eyes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 29 years experience
1-4 weeks: I usually proceed with the second eye 1-4 weeks after the first, as long as the eye is healing well and the patient is happy!
Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 20 years experience
2nd eye surgery: Most patients are healed and doing well quickly so they can have there second eye done within1-2 weeks of their first eye.