i broke my fibula. i am in a cast. i fell down yesterday and banged my leg hard on concrete. do i need to have another xray?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Stephen Saponaro
Specializes in Radiology
Yes: The x-ray will be able to tell if there has been any change.
Answered on Apr 6, 2016
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
26 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Be sure: I would recommend you are seen and a new xray performed. While it is unlikely the fracture has moved, it is possible.
Answered on Dec 6, 2016
Dr. Frank Holmes
22 years experience Sports Medicine
Yes: Follow up x-rays are almost always required after a diagnosis of a fracture is made. These x-rays are needed to confirm satisfactory alignment and healing of the the fracture, usually over a 4-12 week period.
Answered on Apr 8, 2017
1
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
13 years experience Podiatry
Yes: If you have had any new injury while casted it is important to have the site reevaluated for any new changes or any changes to the current fracture site.
Answered on Jan 20, 2017
1