Menlo Park, CA

i played football 2 or 3 weeks ago and tweaked my ring finger. now it bothers me when i type. not sure if its just a spraign or something worse?

Dr. Patrice Hirning
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Finger injury: No one can tell you what this is without an exam and perhaps an x-ray. Go be seen. The longer you wait the worse the problem can get.
Dr. Nolan Segal
Mild sprain: Should be just a mild sprain unless there is significant swelling and ecchymosis.
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 39 years experience
Suggest exam/ xray: If your finger is still giving you problems after 3 weeks i would suggest an exam and possible xray you may have a small fracture or possible tendon or ligamentous injury.