U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

Can you get a high from swallowing chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stanley Siu
Cosmetic Dentistry 18 years experience
No: Seek emergency medical attention if you or anyone else has swallowed a large amount of chlorhexidine. An overdose of Chlorhexidine would occur only if the medicine were swallowed deliberately by an adult or if a child swallows 4 or more ounces. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting or the appearance of being drunk. If getting drunk is your aim, Chlorhexidine is not your drink of choice!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 38-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 24, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.