PA

what is the best over-the-counter medicine for ezcema?

OTC creams, etc...: To treat mild or moderate eczema, Hydrocortisone 1% cream (use a thin coat on the rash, twice a day, for 5-10 days) is cheap, found at most stores and works well. A daily moisturizing cream (cetaphil, cerave, eucerin, etc.) used 2-4 times a day helps to heal eczema & to prevent return of the rash. One can avoid creams with lanolin, aloe, or fragrances if sensitive to the ingredients. Avoid soaps.
Dr. Holly Maes
No one best...: The the treatment of eczema is moisture. There are too many to name,but names don't really matter.Use does! If you moisturize at LEAST twice a day, limit bathing to 2-3 times a week, and when you do bathe, use moisturizing cleansing agent, you shouldn't need other medicines. But you to be obsessed about using the moisturizer. Flare-ups should then respond to non-prescription hydrocortisone