Uganda

I am a 24 year old female with the following results from a transvagina scan; uterus (74x47x53mm), endometrial thickness of 20mm, ovarian cyst 15mm?

Dr. Peter Baumann
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Perfectly normal: The cyst could be the follicle that produces the estrogen that has stimulated your endometrium to grow. For a 15 mm follicle this would be a nice thick endometrium, considering that the follicle has to go to 20+ mm before it would be considered a mature follicle ready for ovulation - but I wouldn't spend too much thought on this. The measures for the uterus indicate a normal size uterus.
Dr. Charles Whiting
Normal scan: The size of the uterus and thickness of the endometrium are normal. You have a small ovarian cyst. This is also a normal finding. Your body makes a small ovarian cyst each month in preparation for ovulation. All these ultrasound findings are normal. Best wishes!

Last updated Jan 11, 2015