Bahrain

non stop coughing despite taking meds. how do i stop it? hospital says its normal cough. it's annoying and dry. my throat is tired of it. help! :(

Doctor can evaluate: Cough and throat symptoms can be from flu/cold viruses, strep throat, allergies, etc., except that allergies usually don't cause a fever. Doctors have rapid 5-minute tests for strep so a primary care doctor can diagnose strep and start antibiotics for "positives". Doctors also have a 15-minute test for Flu A and Flu B. Certain medications can cause cough in some people. Allergies also cause cough.