Greenwood, IN

i have a 1cm endometrial polyp that isn't really causing symptoms. i am 35 and pre-menopausal. doc wants to remove polyp - is that really necessary?

Dr. Michelle Jones singer
Gynecology 38 years experience
Polyp: Treatment may not be necessary if the polyps do not cause any symptoms. However, polyps should be treated if they cause heavy bleeding during menstrual periods, or if they are suspected to be precancerous or cancerous. They should be removed if they cause problems during pregnancy, such as a miscarriage, or result in infertility in women who want to become pregnant. If a polyp is discovered after menopause, it should be removed.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Agree. Also polyps are very simple to remove using hysteroscopy.
Jan 12, 2015