Hi.on the roof of my mouth i have a rough patch on each side just below my teeth(the teeth that grow out on vampires)what could be the cause?

Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dentistry 52 years experience
Roof of mouth: These are a normal part of the roof of the mouth called palatal rugae. Palatal Rugae refer to the ridges on the anterior part of the palatal mucosa. For more information, refer to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3722704/
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Rugae: Normal anatomical tissue ridges found in the front part of the roof of the mouth. Not to worry. Good Luck.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Rough patch: Probably normal anatomy called Rugae. Google it. And, by the way, a qualified Orthodontic Specialist can help you straighten your vampire teeth.
Last updated Mar 22, 2020