I have pneumonia and i'm taking levaquin (levofloxacin) and tessalon perles plus cough syrup------is all that okay?

Dr. Anthony Rooklin
Allergy and Immunology 50 years experience
Perhaps: I find that cough medicines like tessalon perles and non-codeine containing cough meds are not terribly effective for the cough from pneumonia. They are more effective for post nasal drip or tracheitis coughs. If the pneumonia is bacterial, Levaquin (levofloxacin) is often very effective. If the pneumonia is viral-and many pneumonias are-the antibiotic will make no difference.
Last updated Mar 15, 2019