teen nutrition and exercise app anyone?

Pathology 44 years experience
Better idea: The best gift you can give your teenager is yourself. If you're a parent, set an example by healthy eating and exercising -- perhaps with junior as a participant. I would have given anything to have done more fitness with my dad. If you're a teen, find a genuine friend or two who enjoy healthy (not fad) eating and an aerobic sport you enjoy. Who needs an "app" in a world with real people?
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
General Surgery 39 years experience
See below: I am not an expert on exercise, nutrition, or apps. In looking up news stories on reportedly good nutrition and exercise apps, here is a link to an example of what may exist. See if it helps you. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/fitness-weight-loss-nutrition-apps_n_1371705.html#s803229&title=striiv.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder commented
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Thanks for the link to an interesting review.
Jun 15, 2012
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder answered
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Apps r gr8 but irl: Mobile apps can trigger a response, reward a behavior, allow monitoring progress. They can do what was done in the past by people and/or pencil and paper. That's all. The awareness of the need to change, motivation to do something, and sweat and effort need to come from the teen irl. I will post in comments apps which, at the time, seem good. Do noted that they often go through revamping, however.