U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Channelview, TX
A 21-year-old female asked:

What is the best approach to finding the right exercise and nutritional regimen?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Horak ii
A Verified Doctoranswered
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Exercise : I would seek out a nutritionist to help with your diet. In reference to exercise, a certified personal trainer but be careful. Truly research their background and how they got their certification. Look for someone with a college degree in exercise science or kinesiology.
Dr. Jane Lykins
Family Medicine 26 years experience
Start with doctor: If you have any concerns about your physical health (your thyroid, whether you have diabetes, you cholesterol, your blood pressure, etc), have a full physical first. Then look to a dietitian and a personal trainer at a gym to guide you down a healthful path.

Related questions

A 39-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 17-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 18, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.