Cincinnati, OH

If i conceived while on the hcg diet, what are my risks?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
31 years experience
Don't know: I went to their website and can't really determine what is in it. I would recommend that you not continue with this medication. Try weight watchers and exercise instead.
Dr. Robert Benner
Likely minimal: The drops which are sold at health food stores are probably a scam with no real active ingredients capable of being absorbed orally. The injections use a tiny dose compared to what is used by specialists to help couples conceive, and is dwarfed by the amount the pregnancy will soon produce. There are no studies, but i suspect the effects would be negligible. If you conceive, the diet is over!
Last updated May 14, 2013