Spokane, WA

28 yr old diagnosed w severe pregnancy/lactating associated osteoporosis is there anyway to heal my bones without fosamax (alendronate)? will my bones even return

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes, a long time: Prior to Fosamax Rx. patients with severe osteoporosis consumed Vitamin D and calcium for long periods of time with very very slow resolution of the disease. Most notably, many patients had spontaneous fractures during the "slow" method of Rx. Thank goodness for Fosamax that can "speed up" the new bone deposition and avoid the consequences of fractures and immobility.
Last updated Jan 3, 2015