U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

Doc said i have costochondritis so how to reduce it by exercise as painkillers are irritating my stomach ? suggest

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Eric Chevlen
Internal Medicine - Oncology 49 years experience
Exercise no help: Exercise would more likely worsen than help costochondritis. If NSAIDs irritate your stomach, consider topical NSAID, some of which are available without prescription.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 15, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.