it rare but when im not sleepy but try to sleep, i close my eyes, my heart feels like its racing and my head starts to think of weird things.

Dr. Bennett Werner
43 years experience Cardiology
Palpitations: We all have extra beats everyday, but rarely feel them. When we're trying to go to sleep, they become more noticeable because we're not distracted and lying quietly. If they're brief and go away on their own, I wouldn't think any more of it. If you're having frequent or bothersome symptoms, you should bring it to the attention of your family doctor. Also, avoid caffeine, nicotine, & decongestants.
Answered on Jan 10, 2015
1