Hot and very humid florida has all my friends working out indoors most of the year. can a person get heat stroke outdoors in this tropical hot place?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Paul Velt answered

Specializes in Diagnostic Radiology

Absolutely : In Florida, this hot and humid climate makes heat stroke a real concern. Even during the winter months when temperatures are not as hi and humidity lower, it is vital to be aware of the conditions. It Is wise to pace yourself outside and with others as symptoms can "sneak " up unexpectedly. Plenty of water. Be aware and you should be able to exercise outdoor all year long

Answered 12/29/2014

3.4k views

Dr. answered

Yes. Heat Stroke!: Heat stroke is the most serious form of heat injury and is considered a medical emergency. If you suspect that someone has heat stroke -- also known as sunstroke -- call an ambulance immediately and give first aid until paramedics arrive. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/heat-stroke-symptoms-and-treatment#1

Answered 9/28/2016

953 views