CO

is the "cold water diet" an effective weight loss tool? it's where you only drink water for a couple of days with little or no food

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Don't do it!: A cold water diet instead of food is a NO! NO! Don't cut down your food but feel free to drink cold water.
Dr. Thomas Knecht
Not effective: Hi. Negative energy balance (more calories burned than taken in) does cause weight loss, and if you only drink water for a few days, you will be in negative energy balance. But you'll rebound and overeat coming off it. Those diets never work. In fact just about no diet ever works in the long run. If they did, obesity/overweight would not be epidemic. Live healthily. Good luck!