Vienna, WV

i have a skin tag on a sensitive area its on my nipple is there any ways to remove it without having it cut off that makes me a little nervous to do. ?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
See a dermatologist: This is quick and easy. A tiny needle will numb it. Then there will be no pain with the procedure or after. There will be no stitches or dressings. You can shower that same night. The little scab will drop off in 5 days.
Pathology 44 years experience
Lots of ideas: Laser, cold Rx, cautery, or tie a piece of dental floss super-tight around the base and leave it to fall off by itself. Ask your physician if the last idea is okay before you try it.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
None of these is appropriate. I remove these every day. I sneak a drop of lidocaine under it with a 32G needle. The excision is a quick snip with scissors. Ferric subsulfate cauterizes it. The scab drops off in 5 days.
Dec 23, 2014

Last updated Jan 30, 2015