Can tampons cause a blisters if it's not in right? Because everytime I insert a tampon I have pain and discomfort and I now have blisters.

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes it can: If you are putting the tampon in incorrectly then it will cause abrasions to the labia and vaginal opening. If you are inserting the tampon standing up, put a leg up on a chair or toilet to facilitate the proper placement. If you are lying down, remember that the vagina is like Australia, "down under" not straight in. Also make sure you are using the correct tampon size and not one that is too big
Answered on Dec 19, 2014