IE

Does vitamin b12 deficiency have another name. my doctor said my blood test came back with this. is there different names if the condition is worse?

Pathology 49 years experience
Blood level of B12: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, the laboratory measures level of B12 in blood. A level above 250 is considered normal, some consider even a level at 200 to be normal. A name is not relevant, as the lab reports a number. See this site for more info. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003705.htm

Last updated Jan 7, 2018