I'm on synthroid, lexapro, (escitalopram) Ativan, Vit D & ferrous sulfate.Can I take melatonin to help with sleep?

Dr. Mijail Serruya
15 years experience in Neurology
Melatonin is safe: In a neurologically normal, generally healthy adult, there should be no adverse effects from melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone naturally secreted by the body that is suppressed by daylight and climbs with darkness to help entrain the brain's clock to go to sleep. Melatonin does not interact with the medicines and supplements listed. Lower doses are closest to what the brain secretes.
Answered on Feb 15, 2020
1