there is a extra tooth on my gums on the top jaw should i get it remover its hard to brush my teeth an it just make me look weird to wear i cant smile?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Thomas Yash
45 years experience Dentistry
Consult: I would advise you to be examined by an orthodontist before you start taking out teeth. Extra teeth or misaligned teeth are two possibilities in your case. When your teeth are crooked, overlapped, or out of alignment, it does make it difficult to properly clean your teeth which can lead to cavities and gum disease. For long term health and better esthetics, get a consult.
Answered on Dec 20, 2014
1
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
44 years experience Dentistry
Vague: Need to see a Dentist.
Answered on Dec 10, 2014
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
See your dentist: The supernumerary tooth might cause esthetic and functional problems, especially if it is situated in the upper jaw. Earlier intervention is recommended in the form of surgical or orthodontic treatment and combination in order to minimize unwanted side effects. See your dentist for proper diagnosis and treatment options.
Answered on Apr 16, 2015