A male asked:

78 yrd uncle has lung cancer bone mets now weakness in legs, blood transfusions 3 x pwk & referred to palliative team. how long left approx.?

Dr. Melissa Gowans
Difficult to say: I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. We try to refrain from "predicting" when an individual may succumb to an illness because truly there are too many factors coming into play. That being said, usually palliative care referrals imply that the patient is not expected to survive more than 6-12 weeks more. We don't have crystal balls and frequently patients surprise us.