United Kingdom

I surfer with fractured sine and severe pains in my legs and knees. doctor says it wear and tear, but i am struggling to walk and having severe pains.

Dr. Nabila Babar
Specializes in Internal Medicine
The wear and tear: of joints is called arthritis. if knees hut bad get x ray and there could be more treatment available. spinal fracture is not common unless you are in 70s. so get more explanation about it.
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Spine Consult: 48 year old lady with fractures in her spine from surfing and severe pain in legs and knees. Fractures of the vertebrae can happen from trauma at any age and can be unstable. If the fractures are in your cervical spine and any instability is present you may require definitive halo fixation or fusion surgery. Pain and radiculopathy in extremities require imaging and full exam. See spine surgeonASAP

Last updated Apr 21, 2016