Ireland

how do i get rid of the flu quickly ?

Dr. Naveed Naeem
Anti-Aging Medicine 14 years experience
No quick relief: drink plenty of water, chicken soup/broth, supplement with vitamin c, plenty of sleep. Optimizing the health of your immune system with the flu vaccine, exercise, sleep, and good nutrition can reduce the risk of catching the flu, however, once you have the flu there is no way to get rid of it quickly. remember to wash your hands frequently and avoid contact with people who have a cold or flu.
Dr. Sarandeep Makkar
Specializes in Family Medicine
Using Vit C and Zinc can shorten the duration of illness and may decrease the severity of symptoms
Dec 3, 2014
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Influenza: The rate of recovery from influenza will depend upon the individual infected and whether they are immune competent. Antivirals such as oseltamivir, zanamivir and amantidine given immediately after onset of symptoms may shorten disease by a day and prevent complications. The best thing to do is to alleviate symptoms with OTC meds, stay hydrated and rest a lot. Good luck.