NJ

just started amoxcillin 500mg 3x time day... any idea when should i feel better? doc thinks strep but no swab test was done. slight fever, congestion

Dr. Lawrence Kessler
Periodontics 56 years experience
Give it a few days: Always better to take a swab, get a reading to give you the proper medication Since you said you just started taking amoxicillin give it a couple of days to take effect After that go back to your Doctor and have it checked out
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
10 days: Pain in the throat may be caused by a variety of inflammations If the cause is bacteria, Penicillin taken by mouth for 10 days is the most common antibiotic treatment prescribed for infections such as strep throat. Get plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids and be patient.