Sri Lanka
A 37-year-old male asked:

I have a bulge in mid back(around the last rib). there is slight discomfort that comes and go. i feel the size of the bulge goes down after pooping. ?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joyce Pastore
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
Back abnormality: Your symptoms are very unusual and should be thoroughly evaluated. An abnormality of the spinal cord or mass in the spinal cord should be evaluated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.