Clayton, NC

I have a white/pinkish pimple on my tongue .. my health anxiety makes me think it's cancer. it just appeared about 4 days ago?

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Give it a week: it sounds to me as if your biggest problem is your anxiety, but I noticed you are not taking an SSRI class drug like Paxil, (paroxetine) Prozac or Wellbutrin. This concerns me because they work great for anxiety. Also a drug that you are taking can worsen anxiety over time, Klonepin. This class of drugs can help in the very short term, but invariably exacerbate anxiety and cause a downward spiraling effect
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Health anxiety: That's a common problem and CBT therapists are really good at helping you lessen it. Often it's a good idea to have an exam and explanation of the results along w/ what they would look like if you had the illness. This will rule out your fear and educate you. Being in the dark is scary - facts are a light. You can learn in CBT if you seriously try. Best!

Last updated Nov 28, 2017