Lansing, MI

my newborn baby girl has hair on her forehead and by her eyebrows. will this fall off and if so when?

Dr. Holly Maes
A few weeks: That fine hair that is on many newborns falls off within a few weeks of birth. It can vary a little bit depending on if your baby was a little early or after your due date, and what race your baby is. In some races the hair is a little darker and coarser and this type may take a little longer to go away. I bet she is just beautiful the way she is , though!
Dr. Barry Bergman
Yes: It is called lanugo. Fine hair thar is on the babies body...Shoulders, arms and forehead. This typically falls of or goes away in the first few months. Don't worry.

Last updated Apr 2, 2016