should i talk with my doctor about tamoxifen if my blood work comes out high in estrogen next week and would tamoxifen reduce some very minor gyno?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Wilbert Warren
Tamoxifen : Not sure why your estrogen level is being checked. Tamoxifen is used in specific conditions such as Breast Cancer prevent or adjuvant treatment of estrogen sensitive Breast cancer. Tamoxifen does not decrease estrogen level. It reduces the activity of estrogen.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
2
Dr. Susan Rhoads
What's going on?: Why are you, a young guy, 20 years old, being tested? What's going on? Tamoxifen is only indicated in some types of breast cancers in males and females. There is no other reason for a guy to take it. Off label use has been done for ovarian cancer and female infertility. Talk to your doc about what your treatment options are, and I doubt tamoxifen will be one of them, if you don't have breast ca.
Answered on Nov 29, 2014