in dentistry, what is an mo and an ml?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Tooth surfaces: MO = Mesio-occlusal and ML = Mesio-lingual
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry 30 years experience
In plain English, MO means the chewing surface plus the portion of a tooth which faces the front of the mouth...ML refers to the chewing surface and the part of the tooth on the tongue side.
Feb 8, 2021
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Surfaces on teeth: An MO is mesial and occlusal, and ML is mesial and ligual.
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry 43 years experience
Location location: The letters you are asking about are tooth locations. They tell us where on a tooth a problem is located. MO is Mesial/Occlusal. ML is Mesial/Lingual. B is Buccal. D is Distal etc. Dentistry does have it's own lingo.
Dr. Robert Chin
Dentistry 42 years experience
Surface of filling: MO and ML is an abbreviation of the surface or side of the tooth that a filling is placed. The tooth usually has 5 surfaces that are designated during the placement of a filling. MO stands for mesial occlusal. ML stands for mesial lingual.
Dr. Charles Lockhart
Dentistry 9 years experience
These are the surfaces of posterior teeth. They are mesial, distal, occlusal, buccal, and lingual and all five could be involved in one filling.