when you have high blood pressure wouldn't sleep be beneficial since bp lowers during sleep?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Yes: It is true that blood pressure is lower during sleep. Getting adequate sleep is part of what is needed to maintain a good blood pressure. Other things that can lower blood pressure are avoiding salt, alcohol, tobacco and caffeine. Getting regular exercise and maintaining healthy weight are also important.
Dr. John Munshower
Generally: Generally, your metabolism and BP lower during sleep, but that being said, does not mean you should sleep all day to treat your BP. You need to work on your BP during the 16 hours a day you are awake. Best wishes.