A member asked:

What is the treatment for diamox (acetazolamide) overdose?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Marybeth Lambe answered

Specializes in Travel Medicine

Fluids and Time: Diamox (acetazolamide) is passed unchanged by the kidneys in about 18 hours. It causes dehydration and often a drop in potassium. There is no antidote. It can alter the acid/ base state of the body and a serious poisoning may need hospitalization. If you mean side effects like tingling, drowsiness, vision changes--they will subside on their own over the course of 24 hours.

Answered 6/19/2018

5.3k views

Thank

Related Questions

A member asked:

Could an overdose of Diamox (acetazolamide) pills kill you?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

Please tell me can an overdose of Diamox (acetazolamide) kill you?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

How many mg of acetazolamide can you take before you overdose?

A doctor has provided 1 answer