TN

I had a skin infection (staph/mrsa) above my eyebrow if i kiss my boyfriend can he get mrsa even if im taking clindamycin?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Skin infection: You should be okay as long as you are on antibiotics and you wash your hands with soap
Dr. Ajay Acharya
Yes: Clinda does not cure you from MRSA.....but you can kiss in lips only.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
It's not like that: MRSA is a name for a group of bacteria. It is not a diagnosis. It is very common to culture this from perfectly normal people, especially from skin and inside the nose. It is not simple. So relax. You do not indicate what you have above your eyebrow except to say MRSA. Is it healing? Impetigo is contagious. Most skin infections respond promptly to therapy.As they are healing, they are much less li
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Provided original answer
Covering it is likely to make it worse with no benefit to anyone.
Nov 25, 2014
Dr. Alissa Zenack
MRSA infection: The chances of transferring MRSA to your boyfriend are decreased if you have been on the appropriate antibiotic for at least 24 hours. If there is still discharge from the wound then it may still be possible to transfer the infection. You should take caution and keep the infected area well covered until the area is dry without discharge. You should continue the medication as directed.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
just make sure that the MRSA is sensitive to the medicine clindamycin
Nov 25, 2014

Last updated Mar 13, 2020