Springfield, MO

Pea size bump under skin was sore for couple weeks.never bothered me before. yesterday it reduced size and i have purple/blue color 2 inches around it?

Dr. Stephen Southard
Did it get: Traumatized. Usually purple/bluish discoloration is suggestive of a bruise, or trauma to the local small bloood vessells that leads to blood leaking around the area. If you are really worried about the area, consider having a doctor taking a look at it. It may just very well be a superficial cyst that was inflamed and has some localized bruising, but hard to say without seeing it myself.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Need more info: Sounds like you started out with a simple sebaceous cyst that ruptured and the purple/blue color is from blood that caused the color. To be sure, it would be a good idea to have your family physician check it out.
Last updated Apr 24, 2016