Pea size bump under skin was sore for couple weeks.never bothered me before. yesterday it reduced size and i have purple/blue color 2 inches around it?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Stephen Southard answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Traumatized. Usually purple/bluish discoloration is suggestive of a bruise, or trauma to the local small bloood vessells that leads to blood leaking around the area. If you are really worried about the area, consider having a doctor taking a look at it. It may just very well be a superficial cyst that was inflamed and has some localized bruising, but hard to say without seeing it myself.

Answered Apr 24, 2016

3.5k views

Dr. Warren Wolfe answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Sounds like you started out with a simple sebaceous cyst that ruptured and the purple/blue color is from blood that caused the color. To be sure, it would be a good idea to have your family physician check it out.

Answered Nov 23, 2014

3.5k views