Australia

can i buy clamidiya medication over-the-counter withot being prescribed it by a doctor?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Not in USA: It is a prescription drug in USA. Though in some third world countries thatay be different
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Here is ...: In the United States, antibiotics for chlamydia requires prescription to purchase and for a 17-yr man, it may be not advisable in some states. Nonetheless, check your local legal situation; but, I still recommend having a professional help you to reach Dx before getting and taking antibiotics for this nature. Besides, counseling for future is as equally important as taking drugs.
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Not sure about: Australia. Here in the United States of America, you have to have a prescription and tested positive for chlamydia. It is not available over the counter!!!
Unlikely/bad idea: Self treatment for any suspected problem is never advised. You may have been exposed, or think you know what is going on, but the chlamydia treatment won't cure the syphilis or many of the other similar agents you could have been exposed to at the same time.