Hi, i have got an oily skin and i can't get off the black heads from my nose. is there anyway i can reduce the oilyness and the blackheads? thanks

8 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Kimberly Ramsdell answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Blackheads: Don't scrub! It just injures the skin and increases the risk of infection. Your hormones are to blame for the only skin and I don't think you want to attempt changing that. A salicylic gel or base is probably the most helpful but apply sparingly at night, starting with a couple of times per week, increasing nightly. Use a very gentle cleanser specifically for the face (not for oily skin).

Answered 1/5/2019

3.5k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Acne: Wash face w gentle cleanser 2x/day & use oil free products. No oily hair or heavy foundations. Try not to pop pimples. Avoid touching face (cradling chin in hands). Remove makeup before bed. Shower after strenuous exercise. Consider OTC products (salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide). Retinoids/ comedone extractor can be helpful for black heads. If > mild acne see dermatology.

Answered 10/11/2017

3.5k views