Whitehall, PA

is it safe wear tampons to bed. ? i was told it's not. but the box says it is.

Dr. Susan Rhoads
It's fine.: Sure you can. Just don't leave any tampon in for too long.

How much soy is too much? What problem can it cause? I usually have 1 glass of soy milk, 1 bag (1 pound) of edamame, & 1 box of tofu. Is it too much?

Dr. Michio Abe
Soy may not be good: For all people. Eating large amounts of soy’s estrogen-mimicking compounds, isoflavones,  might reduce fertility in women, trigger early puberty and disrupt development of fetuses and children. I can't give you any specific amount that would be too much, but I do recommend limiting the amount of soy consumption in children and women trying to get pregnant.
PA

I put my bc bill in a pill box and probably take them out of order. I use zovia 1/35. Is there a reason the active pills should be taken in order?

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
For that pill, no: The pill you mention is what's called monophasic: all the active pills are identical, so the order you take them in doesn't matter. Some brands of pills (ortho tri-cyclen, for example) are tri-phasic; the active pills come on 3 different strengths, 1 for each week of active pills. For those, you do need to keep the pills in their respective weeks.

How to retrieve an answer in message box?

Click on the message: If a heathtap member gets a message from an expert on healthtap, the member can click on the message to see the whole message, or even that conversation. Members can start a new message or conversation with an expert, by using the private conversation feature (a micro-payment is needed).

How can I allay tiredness after I go big box shopping ?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Rest: Big box shopping is fun for some people, boring for others. It can mean bright lights, loud noises and music playing, the stimulation of all kinds of displays and products, people milling all over, etc. Quiet rest after such excursions should allay the tiredness you feel. If you fear you put too much on your credit card, though, it may not help your relaxation! :-).
Fort Worth, TX

I need more info on a trac the thing on the voice box?

Dr. Michael Ekizian
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Tracheostomy: During an episode of acute respiratory failure, a patient is generally ventilated through an endotracheal tube. Switching to a tracheostomy tube is often considered when the need for mechanical ventilation is expected to be prolonged. One immediate benefit of tracheostomy is patient comfort. One complication is obstruction, although this depends somewhat on the clinician performing the procedure.