Pleasant Hill, CA

is shortness of breath a normal symptom if occur at 2nd week after conceiving??

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Sob: Shortness of breath has many possible causes and degrees of severity. In the most general sense, it is not normal except under the situation of large physical exertion putting stress on the respiratory mechanism.
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Many Women feel: Shortness of breath during pregnancy, and that can happen even in early pregnancy due to the effect of HCG which puts women in a mild hyperthyroid state. If you are anemic, this symptom will be more pronounced. Your blood volume and plasma volume expand about 1/3 during pregnancy to accomodate fetal circulation, so your exercise tolerance should decrease as you progress and fetal demand increases.