United Kingdom

Is ms contin (morphine) ok for chronic use ? i'm reluctant to start on it but i need pain relief which isn't being helped with current meds. ( tramadol )

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 37 years experience
MS Contin (morphine): is typically used for treatment of pain due to terminal cancer. I suppose it could be used for neuropathic pain if it is due to amyloidosis. I suggest you read about treatment and work up for neuropathic pain. Make sure you have addressed the underlying condition(s) that have lead to you having neuropathy
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.